- 1 kg Deer fillet
- 200g foie gras
- 250 g puff pastry
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp. tablespoons olive oil
- 2 shallots
- 20 cl Banyuls
- 15 cl Beef broth
- 5 berry mix
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 sprigs of thyme
- Peel and chop the shallots. Marinate the deer tenderloin with all the marinade ingredients for 3 hours in a cool place.
- Reserve the juice from the marinade. Pat the meat dry with paper towel and brown it in a pan with the olive oil. Salt lightly.
- Preheat the oven to 210°C (th. 7). Spread the foie gras on the puff pastry, place the meat and wrap everything. Glaze the surface with the beaten egg yolk. Using the thin tip of a knife, draw patterns on the dough. Bake for 20 mins.
- Bring the marinade to a boil for 10 minutes then strain.
- Take the roast out, cover it with aluminum foil and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Serve with the sauce on the side and macaroni gratin.
Are you looking for simple and quick recipes for all occasions and in all seasons? On Recettescooking.com, you will find delicious dishes that are quick and easy to prepare. Ranging from Cocktails, dinner aperitifs, starters, main courses, desserts, breakfast, sauces, pastries…
Do not hesitate to leave your opinion on each cooking recipe and also to share them on Facebook. Recettescooking.com wishes you a Bon appetit!