- 1 kg chuck of beef
- 400 g Onions
- 250 g smoked bacon
- 6 slices Gingerbread
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 liter blond beer
- 1 bouquet garni
- 15 g Butter
- 1 tbsp. Mustard
- This recipe is prepared the day before the tasting.
- Cut the meat into cubes. Peel the onions and chop them. Coarsely chop the bacon. Spread the slices of gingerbread with mustard.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter. Add the onions, cover and let sweat for 10 minutes over low heat.
- Add the bacon, increase the heat and brown it, stirring regularly. Then remove the bacon and the onions, then add the meat.
- Brown it on all sides over high heat then set aside.
- Add the brown sugar to the casserole, mix and reduce by half. Replace the bacon and onions, mix. Add the meat, mix.
- For the beer. Add the bouquet garni and a pinch of salt, then stir. Arrange the gingerbread slices on top. Let simmer on low heat for 1h30. After the first cooking, keep cool.
- The next day, remove the film of fat that has formed on top. Simmer again for 1h30 on low heat. Continue cooking if the sauce is still too runny.
Tip: Accompany this delicious typical dish with fresh homemade fries!
Are you looking for simple and quick recipes for all occasions and in all seasons? On Recettescooking.com, you will find delicious dishes that are quick and easy to prepare. Ranging from Cocktails, dinner aperitifs, starters, main courses, desserts, breakfast, sauces, pastries…
Do not hesitate to leave your opinion on each cooking recipe and also to share them on Facebook. Recettescooking.com wishes you a Bon appetit!