Yule log with buttercream
For the rolled cookie :
- 4 egg yolks
- 120 g sugar
- 60 g flour
- 60 g starch
- 40 g butter
- 1 pinch of salt
For the buttercream :
- 200 g butter
- 150 to 200 g icing sugar
- Coffee flavor
- Cocoa flavor
- Preheat the oven th.7 (210°C) before starting this Yule log.
- Preparation of the rolled biscuit: break the eggs. Separate whites from yellows. Place the egg yolks, sugar and salt in a terrine in a bain-marie.
- Whisk until the ribbon, that is to say until the batter becomes thick and it makes a ribbon.
- It should flow slowly from the whisk. Do this step for 15 min, remove from the heat and whisk for another 5 min.
- In a bowl, mix the flour and cornstarch and gently fold this preparation into the previous one.
- Then melt the butter in a saucepan, remove it from the heat and let it cool, before adding it.
- Prepare a rectangular plate. Spread on it a layer of 1 cm thick of the preparation of the rolled biscuit.
- Place this plate on an oven rack that you position halfway up.
- Bake for 10 mins. At the end of cooking, turn the biscuit over on a cloth, quickly remove the paper, immediately cover with the baking sheet and let cool.
- Preparation of the buttercream recipe: in a bowl, stir the butter vigorously so that it becomes a cream.
- Sieve the icing sugar, add it to the preparation and stir.
- Separate your preparation in 2 so that you can add the coffee flavoring in one and the cocoa flavoring in the other, so that the two flavors do not mix.
- Keep a little buttercream of each flavor for decoration.
- With a piping bag for example or with a spatula, apply the layer of buttercream of your choice on the biscuit in a uniform way.
- Then perform the same operation with the second buttercream. Then roll up the cookie for your Christmas cake using the tea towel.
- Cut the edges of your log if necessary. And make a glaze with the remaining buttercream.
- Sprinkle with cocoa and arrange your figurines.
- Chill for an hour and serve your Yule log.
Yule log with buttercream
Today we offer you the following recipe: Yule log with buttercream
Don’t hesitate to leave a comment on the Yule log with buttercream recipe and tell us what you thought of it.
Yule log with buttercream Recipe -Yule log with buttercream Recipes
Passionate about eating well or cooking well? Both? Perfect!
You are in the right place! Passionate about the subject like you, we have done our little research to pick up and present to you a selection of the best recipes.
We offer you a Top 60 of the best recipes on our site :
- Recipe link : Veggie spaghetti carbonara with dried tomatoes, spinach and mushrooms
- Recipe link : Spaghetti carbonara with celery
- Recipe link : Pasta with olives, ricotta and garlic
- Recipe link : Classic spaghetti bolognese with mushrooms and cheese
- Recipe link : Bolognese with mushrooms
- Recipe link : Fried noodles with broccoli
- Recipe link : Asian noodle salad with broccoli and cashews
- Recipe link : Gnocchi gratin with tomato and basil sauce
- Recipe link : Huevos rancheros Usa
- Recipe link : Sweet potato huevos rancheros
- Recipe link : Dahl of lentils with coconut milk
- Recipe link : Egg casserole with spinach in a squash shell
- Recipe link : Sun pie with Swiss chard and ricotta
- Recipe link : Quick Apple Crumble
- Recipe link : Crozet gratin with mushrooms
- Recipe link : Crozet gratin with herb and Beaufort sausage
- Recipe link : Mini foie gras burgers
- Recipe link : Royal pizza
- Recipe link : Goat cheese pizza
- Recipe link : Brownie with compote
- Recipe link : Mango passion pineapple freshness
- Recipe link : Meringue pie with two citrus fruits
- Recipe link : Financiers with walnut oil and crunchy apples
- Recipe link : Mille-feuille of pancakes with lemon
- Recipe link : Lorraine rhubarb meringue tart
- Recipe link : Pan-fried blood sausage, apple variation, a Sunday “in Normandy”
- Recipe link : Brick in the oven, spinach feta
- Recipe link : Meatballs with vegetable sauce
- Recipe link : Bowl-pancakes to share in Normandy
- Recipe link : Chitterlings with mustard sauce
- Recipe link : Stewed Beef with Olives in a Casserole
- Recipe link : Chickpea balls with almonds and spinach
- Recipe link : White Christmas sausage, lamb’s lettuce and truffles
- Recipe link : Chicken meatballs – mint and sun-dried tomatoes
- Recipe link : Penne gratin with chipolatas and mushrooms
- Recipe link : Potato gratin with ricotta and spinach
- Recipe link : Tomato aubergine mozzarella ham gratin
- Recipe link : Potato and parsnip gratin with pancetta
- Recipe link : Haddock mashed potatoes
- Recipe link : Baked fish with mustard sauce
- Recipe link : Potato and zucchini galette with caraway and mustard seeds
- Recipe link : Prawns and rice noodles with coconut milk
- Recipe link : Chicken stuffed with white pudding
- Recipe link : Roasted chicken with morels
- Recipe link : Partridge, polenta and truffle
- Recipe link : Tuna steaks with two peppers
- Recipe link : Spicy potato and pea pancakes
- Recipe link : Pan-fried rabbit with two olives
- Recipe link : Penne with Chestnuts, Mushrooms and Bacon
- Recipe link : Stuffed chicken wings and thighs
- Recipe link : Veal breast stuffed with mushrooms
- Recipe link : Shoulder of lamb confit with milk caps and blue feet
- Recipe link : Hake and shellfish swim
- Recipe link : Bagels with poppy seeds and smoked salmon
- Recipe link : Wok of vegetables with chicken
- Recipe link : Super Simple Roast Pork Casserole
- Recipe link : Beans with tomato and fennel and smoked tempeh
- Recipe link : Chicken with apples and cider cream
- Recipe link : Pork ribs with soy sauce, “spare ribs” style
- Recipe link : Chicken and avocado burger
Are you looking for simple and quick recipes for all occasions and in all seasons? On Recettescooking.com, you will find delicious dishes that are quick and easy to prepare. Ranging from Cocktails, dinner aperitifs, starters, main courses, desserts, breakfast, sauces, pastries…
Do not hesitate to leave your opinion on each cooking recipe and also to share them on Facebook. Recettescooking.com wishes you a Bon appetit!