Roast leg of wild boar
- 1 leg of wild boar of 3 kg
- 250 g smoked bacon
- 50 g Pine nuts
- 50 g Grapes
- 30 g Butter
- 15 cl Madeira
- 1 tbsp. Starch
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1.5 liters white wine
- 3 Carrots
- 3 shallots
- 40 cl balsamic vinegar
- 30 cl Olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 onion
- 2 to 3 sprigs of thyme
- 2 to 3 bay leaves
- For this recipe you must marinate the wild boar 4 days before cooking.
- Prepare the marinade: Peel the carrots, shallots, onion and garlic.
- Cut the carrots into rings and finely chop the shallots, onion and garlic.
- In a skillet, heat 3 tbsp. tablespoon olive oil. Add the vegetables to it.
- Add the bay leaf and thyme then for in the wine and vinegar. Mix well.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 30 mins. Leave to cool then add the rest of the olive oil and mix.
- Salt the haunch on all sides and massage the meat. Place haunch in a large baking dish, drizzle with marinade.
- Leave to rest for 4 days in a cool place, turning the meat regularly.
- On the day of baking, preheat your oven to 150°C (th. 5). Drain the meat and strain the marinade, keeping the vegetables.
- Cut the bacon into lardons.
- Fry the bacon in a casserole dish and add the wild boar. Brown on all sides.
- For half of the marinade then bake for 4 hours. Take care to turn the meat every 30 min.
- Dry toast the pine nuts. In a saucepan, heat the Madeira for a few minutes with the raisins and cornstarch.
- Mix then add this mixture to the dish with the pine nuts. Add the butter cut into pieces on the meat.
- Lower the oven to 120°C (th. 4). Add the vegetables from the marinade around the haunch.
- Place aluminum foil over the dish and cook for another 2 hours.
Tip: Serve the wild boar cut into slices with fresh pasta, drizzled with sauce.
Roast leg of wild boar
Today we offer you the following recipe: Roast leg of wild boar
Don’t hesitate to leave a comment on the Roast leg of wild boar recipe and tell us what you thought of it.
Roast leg of wild boar Recipe – Roast leg of wild boar Recipes
Passionate about eating well or cooking well? Both? Perfect!
You are in the right place! Passionate about the subject like you, we have done our little research to pick up and present to you a selection of the best recipes.
We offer you a Top 60 of the best recipes on our site :
- Recipe link : Veggie spaghetti carbonara with dried tomatoes, spinach and mushrooms
- Recipe link : Spaghetti carbonara with celery
- Recipe link : Pasta with olives, ricotta and garlic
- Recipe link : Classic spaghetti bolognese with mushrooms and cheese
- Recipe link : Bolognese with mushrooms
- Recipe link : Fried noodles with broccoli
- Recipe link : Asian noodle salad with broccoli and cashews
- Recipe link : Gnocchi gratin with tomato and basil sauce
- Recipe link : Huevos rancheros Usa
- Recipe link : Sweet potato huevos rancheros
- Recipe link : Dahl of lentils with coconut milk
- Recipe link : Egg casserole with spinach in a squash shell
- Recipe link : Sun pie with Swiss chard and ricotta
- Recipe link : Quick Apple Crumble
- Recipe link : Crozet gratin with mushrooms
- Recipe link : Crozet gratin with herb and Beaufort sausage
- Recipe link : Mini foie gras burgers
- Recipe link : Royal pizza
- Recipe link : Goat cheese pizza
- Recipe link : Brownie with compote
- Recipe link : Mango passion pineapple freshness
- Recipe link : Meringue pie with two citrus fruits
- Recipe link : Financiers with walnut oil and crunchy apples
- Recipe link : Mille-feuille of pancakes with lemon
- Recipe link : Lorraine rhubarb meringue tart
- Recipe link : Pan-fried blood sausage, apple variation, a Sunday “in Normandy”
- Recipe link : Brick in the oven, spinach feta
- Recipe link : Meatballs with vegetable sauce
- Recipe link : Bowl-pancakes to share in Normandy
- Recipe link : Chitterlings with mustard sauce
- Recipe link : Stewed Beef with Olives in a Casserole
- Recipe link : Chickpea balls with almonds and spinach
- Recipe link : White Christmas sausage, lamb’s lettuce and truffles
- Recipe link : Chicken meatballs – mint and sun-dried tomatoes
- Recipe link : Penne gratin with chipolatas and mushrooms
- Recipe link : Potato gratin with ricotta and spinach
- Recipe link : Tomato aubergine mozzarella ham gratin
- Recipe link : Potato and parsnip gratin with pancetta
- Recipe link : Haddock mashed potatoes
- Recipe link : Baked fish with mustard sauce
- Recipe link : Potato and zucchini galette with caraway and mustard seeds
- Recipe link : Prawns and rice noodles with coconut milk
- Recipe link : Chicken stuffed with white pudding
- Recipe link : Roasted chicken with morels
- Recipe link : Partridge, polenta and truffle
- Recipe link : Tuna steaks with two peppers
- Recipe link : Spicy potato and pea pancakes
- Recipe link : Pan-fried rabbit with two olives
- Recipe link : Penne with Chestnuts, Mushrooms and Bacon
- Recipe link : Stuffed chicken wings and thighs
- Recipe link : Veal breast stuffed with mushrooms
- Recipe link : Shoulder of lamb confit with milk caps and blue feet
- Recipe link : Hake and shellfish swim
- Recipe link : Bagels with poppy seeds and smoked salmon
- Recipe link : Wok of vegetables with chicken
- Recipe link : Super Simple Roast Pork Casserole
- Recipe link : Beans with tomato and fennel and smoked tempeh
- Recipe link : Chicken with apples and cider cream
- Recipe link : Pork ribs with soy sauce, “spare ribs” style
- Recipe link : Chicken and avocado burger
Are you looking for simple and quick recipes for all occasions and in all seasons? On Recettescooking.com, you will find delicious dishes that are quick and easy to prepare. Ranging from Cocktails, dinner aperitifs, starters, main courses, desserts, breakfast, sauces, pastries…
Do not hesitate to leave your opinion on each cooking recipe and also to share them on Facebook. Recettescooking.com wishes you a Bon appetit!